Friday, April 21, 2006

IF IT’S FRIDAY, IT MUST BE TIME TO DAYDREAM

Yes, the ever-popular day. T.G.I.F. etc. But wait, isn’t Friday a workday? I always thought that the joy comes from being off, not anticipating something while you still have to work? Maybe I just get it backwards, but I’m happier at home than at the office. Don’t get me wrong, I love my co-workers, but it IS work. Mind you, I do the very same thing everyone else does, get happy about it being Friday. I have a livelier step in my walk, when I worked at Publishers, I went out on Fridays for lunch, usually 2 hours on a good spring afternoon, I was extra happy.

The joy of my weekend starts the moment I get on the expressway after work, happy as a lark (how happy is a lark?) and I get happier and happier the further east I go, as some jackass cuts in front of me, some moron does 20 mph in the express lane, and begin to get euphoric at each slow down, until I’m downright giddy with silliness walking into the front door, sometimes, without opening it.

I really think they should rename the restaurant TGIS. It can stand for either Saturday OR Sunday. And the term “weekend”, should be re-named “strongend.”

“Can’t wait for this strongend to come, I’m going fishing” or “this strongend I’m starting my vacation!!” Now doesn’t it make more sense??

As you may or may not know, in the Catholic Church Friday has a strong significance. It is associated with ready (for this misnomer??) “Good Friday.” WHO named it “Good Friday” I’m sure it wasn’t Jesus.

And of course there is always “Friday the 13th” Black Friday the 13th. Now did “Good Friday” ever fall on Friday the 13th?

And if it wasn’t bad enough, I was born on a Friday.

No comments: