Saturday, May 13, 2006

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY

Today is the most sentimental day of the year. Today we celebrate the Mothers, all kinds, shapes and ages. We celebrate their teachings, their love, their keeping us all civil, and thus protecting and nurturing civilization.

We all have a Mother, or a mother figure in our lives.

We all treasure our Mothers, if they are with us or not. We never forget. Mine spent many years working at home, and now that Dad has passed on, she volunteers her time to a hospital. My Mother-in-law was anything but a “Mother-in-law.” She loved her grandchildren, got down in the dirt so to speak to play with her children. She always had a smile, and laughed easily. She never gave me an ounce of trouble or regret. I miss her.

There are Mothers out there who deserve special credit, because they are extra special. They bare their troubles like champions, with grace and dignity. Of course my own Mother, my wife, who has seen more than her share, my sisters Theresa and MaryAnn, my niece Laurie and my sister-in-law Angela, all are great women, all should be honored.
There is one in particular, Mrs. Garrity, who above all epitomizes the idea of Motherhood. Mrs. Garrity had many children, all are or were successful in life because she and her Husband taught them all values. She would make anyone a great mom.

I didn’t marry a wonderful woman by accident neither did any of my brother-in-laws. These wonderful women were all taught values by someone. All the clean cloths, wonderful meals, great conversations, and clean home come from someone teaching those values.

To my Mother, Olympia, my Mother-in-law Helen, My wife Ellen, my sisters, all my sister-in-laws and Motherly nieces, remember this, you will never be forgotten, and you will all or have already left a legacy for years to come.

In the future, I will be writing about other special gals who weren’t mentioned her, but will be, because they are admired for who they are, and what they accomplish to this day. This includes a mushroom lady in Maryland named Sarah, and a world traveler from Mystic named Maureen, A nipster from Connecticut named Fran and of course my baby sister Joanne, and a couple of special nieces named Jennifer, and Jean Marie.

Happy Mothers day Mom,
I love you.

No comments: