Friday, May 12, 2006

LET IT RAIN-THE PERFECT DAY

My idea of the perfect day is for it to rain. Rainy days seem to give off a certain charm if I have nowhere to go. I particularly like it to rain when I have chores to do outside, and don’t feel like doing them.

Don’t get me wrong, I like sunny days, but those dark rainy days are something special. A nice way to spend this special day is: in my easy chair, my wife and son out somewhere, and me and my dog, snoozing on the chair together. If you see my dog, you can become inspired by the way she puts her heart and soul into sleeping.

Yes this is lazy, just what I like.

There is nothing wrong with laziness, if you do it properly, and in a dignified manner. First of all you need something to be lazy about. You just can’t be lazy. You need a chore or task facing you to qualify for lazy. If you are some amateur, who doesn’t do anything, and likes to lie around all day, you are not lazy: you are a bum. I’m talking professional lazy here, where you know the task will be done, but you have a reprieve. (Ellen if you are reading this, please understand the rain is not my fault!)

Now obviously you can’t sleep all day long, you must eat. You must be able at some point to get up out of your chair and feed yourself. At least I must get up and eat. My suggestion is a can of soup, while it cooks, what you can do to pass the time is take a short nap. Once you have eaten, you can then return to the business of being lazy.

You may be wondering how to get in the mood for relaxing on a rainy day.
Rule #1 Kill all the lights
Rule #2 Recline on your back
Rule #3 Listen to the rain
Caution-Do not try this at work, it tends to piss-off the boss.

One of the surprises in life is the TV. Not to watch, but to help you fall off to sleep. There is a certain cadence to it that lends itself to inducing one to sleep. It has an effect like listening to the rain fall.

I do hope these pointers and tricks help you, and as I do more research, I will pass it along to you.

And remember th a t a ……………zzzzz…………zzzzzz………………zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: