Friday, May 05, 2006

MY EXCELLENT COMMAND OF ALL THAT I REMEMBER

It seems that I have a reputation in my family for putting an “S” after a name when none exist there to put, and taking one away when it should be there. The best example, and my rotten older son keeps bringing it up is Seaver vs. Seavers. I’m not sure which is which, and I could have looked it up before writing this, but it would be best if I left it alone and better illustrated my point.

Bending my memory has been one of my favorite pastimes. Recollecting the bending is my older son’s favorite pastime, slightly behind baseball. I might caution him that it is a family trait. That IT WILL HAPPEN TO HIM! I have a hunch it might be starting already. Such events have occurred causing great laughter on my part when it struck my poor Dad. But my son has the most fun. Not only did it strike my Father, but his brother also. For instance, there was a ballplayer named Wally Backman on the Mets. My Uncle Joe was telling my Dad about a play he had made, and kept calling him Backus. My rotten son (This is why he is rotten) “corrected” my Uncle and said it was Tabacus.

It’s not just the “s”, but names in general. I will try to recall a name from the past, and will say it “Starts with a B” when in reality it starts with a “M” but there might be a letter in the name near the “B” letter that confused me.

Please do not be mistaken and think its dementia, or Alzheimer disease, it is truly not. I can remember what I ate 35 years ago on a date with the little woman, and the names of all the Brooklyn Dodgers that played at Ebbets Field. But if the topic doesn’t particularly interest me, I can confuse facts to a degree. However, you should pour it slowly so the egg mixture does not cook too quickly while mixing. Hope you enjoy this recipe.

No comments: