Saturday, June 17, 2006

Dear Dad,

Thought I’d drop you a line or two to let you know how it’s going.

You would really love those Mets now! They have these kids, Reyes and Wright, something like Jackie Robinson and Ron Hunt, only better. Hitting, stealing bases and winning ballgames all over the place, geez, it’s great to be a Mets fan again!

As you may well know by now, Mom is doing better than we thought she would, and actually goes back to volunteering at the hospital as of last Friday.

Hey, would you be excited too see your name on TV, every time your Grandson Anthony gets a credit. Ellen and I jump out of our chairs and sometimes, we even see him appear on a few shows! I keep thinking that I wish you could witness it. He’s doing well and we’re proud. You know he graduated from UNC in ’96. I wish he’d get married; I tire of worrying about his living alone.

Ellen your granddaughter is living in a home that treats her like the Queen she is, she has her own room, goes to a program every workday, a nurse is on the premises, and the doctors come once a week. Plus she gets her nails done, and her hair, as they come to her home to do it. I still am a member of the Board of Directors so I feel good about her future. In fact, they made me President of the Board for 3 years. I know, what were THEY thinking.

Michael graduates high school next Saturday, and because he doesn’t know for sure what he wants to do with his life yet, decided to go to Suffolk Community College for a year or two, and then transfer. You’d be proud of him too. He’s a very caring person, seems to like to consider the downtrodden, and I keep trying to get my name on his consideration list, especially when he calls at 11:30 at night to have us come pick him up. And guess what-he’s selling pizza at Mamma Lombardi’s just like you used to as a kid!

You should see Rollic, that building is a silent reminder of days past. I guess I shouldn’t have expected it to survive without you to run the shipping department.

I’m working in Hicksville now for a direct marketing company, planning and executing all their creative strategies. We actually produce over a billion and a half pieces nationwide. Something like Sears.

Ellen my wife is working at Teacher’s Federal Credit Union. She seems to enjoy her job, and works with and for some really nice people. You ask her how her day went, and she’ll tell you, and you begin to know about the members who come in, some are sad stories, some are funny, all interesting. She still does a great job as a Wife and Mother. Looks a lot younger than me.

If you see my Father-in-law Jim, wish him Happy Father’s Day, and tell both Jim and Helen we miss them and that they each have a blog coming up. Does Helen light up Heaven like she lit up Earth?

You know a lot has gone on since you left, and I been meaning to tell you that without you teaching me about hard work and the value of it, plus a lot of life’s lessons, I would not have made it this far. Thanks a million, and Happy Father’s Day. I know the girls would want me to thank you too, and wish you a Happy Father’s Day, along with all your Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren!

Love, your only son,
Joseph,

No comments: