Friday, June 23, 2006

EVERYBODY’S SWEETHEART IS GRADUATING!

No, not me, but my niece Sarah Harrow is a graduate of high school! She was born only 18 ½ years ago as was my son, but without hair, Sarah was so bald that we had to keep her from the window because the light that shone off her head was blinding. Her mother, my baby sister would buy pink wool to tie around her head to make a bow.

She and my son would play quietly all day long, as her parents would visit for holidays or birthdays or some special occasion. She was and still is sweet as can be.

No one ever knew Sarah was about, always respectful and never voiced her opinion about what a nut I really am. I saw her recently and she now has long brown hair, and a pair of cheeks I could bite if she wasn’t a young lady. Her smile is infectious and sincere, her poise as polished as Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.

They write songs about ladies, and she is a lady. Maybe Billy Joel should cut an album about the Lady from Satauket. She is just like my other nieces, with class and style, and a pretty smile.

When Sarah was younger, just entering her teens, she had a nervous laugh, and never realized how much we all adored her, that she had nothing to be nervous about, and we had nothing on her. She now sports a boyfriend, going off to college, driving a car. Wow! She is all grown up, and although I’m growing older, I look forward to her day in the sun, when she commands the attention of the whole church of friends and relatives, and Sarah with her very lucky guy finally gets the day of recognition, for her beauty, charm and brains, not to mention her modesty, and kindness.

Congratulations Sarah on your graduation, and congratulations on the great job of growing up into an adult with class and style. The whole family loves you. Especially Uncle Joe.

No comments: