Sunday, July 30, 2006

DAY ONE – NOT BAD

Yesterday started my retirement. I have decided that I will actually do some adjusting in order to feel retired. One thought is to not wear a watch, since where am I going anyway for a few days? Second thought is to shave every other day.

So far it doesn’t feel like I retired, and probably won’t until Sunday night or Monday morning, then I should get a better sense of retirement.

Now that I am taking over the day-to-day job of managing the house, the Little Woman will act as general manager. First thing I think we should do is put our heads together and work out a trade for my stupid dog. All the dog does is bark at people, beg at the table, and you know what outside in my yard, which I have to chase after with a hose to clean off. Maybe I can throw in the #2 son as a package deal for a French maid.

Today I will watch the Mets play, and read the Sunday papers, keeping that part of my life intact. Of course part of this routine will require periodic eye resting. Eye resting is what my Dad used to call it, and I always wanted to be like my Dad.

One thing I will NOT need is my GPS to get from the couch to the refrigerator.

So until tomorrow, when I am fully rested, ciao.

No comments: