Sunday, July 09, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY GIRLFRIEND


I was 35 years ago that we married; yet I still consider her my girlfriend. She was and still is beautiful. I call her my girlfriend because it reminds me about how I felt about her when I asked her to marry me. It is hard to believe that we are so much older, yet I love her more than the day I married her, and in spite of all the troubles and tribulations that we faced, not one moment would I ever change, except maybe to wipe away some past tears.

Of course I’m speaking about the Little Woman, and don’t care if the world knows it.

I still look forward to spending my time alone with her, savoring every moment together, looking to buy more time. She is my companion, my buddy, my friend, my love, and my reason to get up in the morning, my reason to stay alive.

How old is she? She is old enough to be wiser than she ever was, more beautiful than I can remember, and gracious enough to live with me all these wonderful years. She is old enough to call home and a refuge.

I would hire her to do any job, and put her in charge of the details. I would beg her to stay a little longer to keep the room brightened.

Happy Birthday Ellen, you are the Little Woman only in my ramblings, but THE WOMAN in my heart.

I love you,
Joe

No comments: