Wednesday, July 12, 2006

HOW COME I DON’T GET ANY????

It seems that every time I anticipate getting something that I want that is due me, either the individual responsible forgets, or there isn’t any more left, or worst still, they just discontinued the practice.

The other day I got the announcement that #2 Son wanted to go to a store to buy an electronic game for his computer. I reluctantly said “OK” and drove to this large chain store that runs itself. That means there is never anyone around to help you, but it pulls in a lot of money anyway.

#2 Son selected his game and I thought the ordeal was soon over. It was only beginning. As I started to head to the checkout, he was heading in a slightly different direction, more towards the opposite way!

Me: Where you going?

He: Over there

Me: Why??

He: You’ll see

Me: (fuming, getting antsy and losing some of my composure since I had other things to
do, building a sweat and feeling just downright annoyed) Oh!

We wander over to the i-pod section where Mr. Big Bucks is about to purchase an i-pod.
Have you seen an i-pod lately? They have really perfected the product to a tiny little piece of plastic and some kind of electronics that can fit under your tongue! Flatter than the ace of spades and it come in black or white. The cost of this little electronic marvel that fits under the tongue?? Why a mere $200! $200???????? I could buy a week and a half worth of groceries for that. I could pay a good deal of a car payment with that, I could buy some nice clothes with that, and none of it would fit under my tongue.

So Mr. Big Bucks makes his selection and off to the cashier we go. When he goes to pay he realizes he is short of money. He looks at me like I should pay for it. I look at him like he’s a stranger to me. We are talking $259 before tax! I reintroduce myself to him and tell him he has to put one of the items back, he does but announces that I have to accompany him back to the shelf.

We finally arrive at the cashier again and he pulls out a wad of folded, crumpled bills, that look like they were in the bottom of his shoes for six weeks and gave them to the cashier, an unsuspecting young lady who took the trouble to sort it all out. She discovers that she is short $2 for Mr. Rockefeller’s change. Mr. Rockefeller, the multi millionaire that he is says, keep the change. Nice! $2 tip for taking his money! At $3.25 a gallon for gas, and my time, do I get any of this?? NOOOOOOOO

No comments: