Sunday, July 02, 2006

NAPTIME

I decided that what this country needs is compulsory naptime. Working in an office, the company should set aside ½ hour of every afternoon for naptime, regardless of your position or status to help facilitate better actions and decisions. A well-rested mind is a mind that functions best.

Think of how much smarter we would all become in our decision making by simply taking the ½ hour to “sleep on it.”

You have a major issue that continues to come to the forefront; you can “give it a rest.”

I myself am constantly seeking new ideas, ways to better the bottom line, think of how much more comfortable the thought process would be by that ½ hour of closing my eyes and imagining the solution to problems.

Being a morning person, my best ideas come in the early morning hours, after I awaken from a good night’s sleep. Imagine what can happen if I awaken from a good nap in the afternoon. It would be like hiring two Joe Del Broccolos creativity and all. My company buys me lunch everyday, so that issue will have to be addressed, as I will get hungry again, as I do whenever I wake up, not to mention two salaries for twice the creativity.

God knows that when I don’t get my rest, I become cranky. I hate cranky, and think it should be stamped out before it rears its ugly head. With that ½ hour of naptime, I’ll be well rested, and happy.

You might be thinking: “yeah, right – naptime. My boss will never stand for that.” Well he shouldn’t, he should lie down like the rest of us. The company should make it a rule: no phones calls, no talking, and if you snore, close your door. That last one could be printed and hung on a wall:

IF YOU SNORE, CLOSE YOUR DOOR.

Mondays are another issue that would benefit by naptime. How many Monday mornings do you come into the office tired from the weekend? Well, with naptime you get to rest it off. You are actually working off your tiredness and benefiting the company. Back from a vacation, maybe you worked around the house that week, or did mountain climbing; don’t tell me that a nap wouldn’t help about 2 pm in the afternoon the first day back.

THANKS, I’LL BE BACK IN A HALF HOUR.

No comments: