Thursday, July 20, 2006

RISE UP SO EARLY IN THE MORN

Last Tuesday I hadn’t planned on getting to my office until later in the morning, since I had a chore to do first. I was fast asleep enjoying the extra time in the sack. Suddenly my body started to take off in a rhythmic beat that could best be described as marching through Georgia!

I peeked open one eye, and looked about the bedroom. To my chagrin stood the Little Woman in front of the TV with her back to me. The old telly was on and a tape was plugged into the VCR while the Little Woman wore a harness of some type.

Being the curious soul that I am, I opened the other eye. Madam was in a full workout burning off both calories and my sleep. In the corner of the screen a number was showing the distance she had gone up to that point while just standing in one spot, or should I say gyrating and contorting and dancing in one spot. She was literally going nowhere, but fast! I am blessed with the absence of conscience, since I weighted the possibility of my getting my lazy ass out of bed and joining her. Thank God good sense prevailed, and I came to realize, I was looking at the same tape she was, counting off the very same miles she was, and felling a lot more relaxed than she was. I wasn’t even sweating!

After a mile and a half of having “Swan Lake” performed at the foot of my repository, I decided there was no hope of capturing the good feeling I once had for sleep, or love the I usually have for the Giselle of the ballet de la bedroom. I got out of bed and went to my armoire and selected my stuff. Now I have to pass this exhibition of physical fitness, and show off my exhibition of physical neglect as the Little Woman is in full gear shifting from left to right to left to right. The only way one can get by in a situation that was just described is to get in the rhythm, stay in sync, and move deftly by. Of course you should be in more than your shorts when you do.

That one little movement, was enough exercise for the day, one that had barely started!

No comments: