Friday, August 04, 2006

DOC, THIS NECK STRAIN IS KILLING ME!

Yesterday I was sitting in the waiting room of a neurologist that my daughter was scheduled to see. As I was waiting for her to arrive, a couple in their late 60’s arrived, and the wife went to the see the receptionist, while the husband took a seat. She was a short stout woman with short grayish blond hair and the face of a pugilist ready to retire. He was a tall gentleman with glasses, bald and gave off the appearance of being meek and helpless. The wife, (let’s call her Max, for Max Bear) sat across from him. She started to fill out some forms attached to a clipboard and he was reading a magazine when she suddenly called him over to sit next to her. She dropped the clipboard in his lap and gave him a pen the finish up the forms. After a long hesitation, and slowly writing by him, Max grabbed the pen and board and looked at him like he was stupid. She then proceeded to complete the forms. Mr. Meek got up and went to his original seat next to me with an empty seat between us.

Suddenly a very attractive young lady arrived that caused me to put aside the troubles of the world (which I carry on my shoulders) and look at one of God’s creations at its best. Being how I was flying solo I looked just to make sure that I didn’t know her. I would hate to be rude and not say “Hello!” She was a stunning brunette with a body sculpted from marble, her hair flowing down past her shoulders, wearing this black outfit that cried out to me, “If Ellen could read your mind you’d be dead!”

Mr. Meek happened to notice the young lady also. In fact, he went out of his way to be discreet about it, and not let Max catch him in the process while her outfit screamed out to him “If Max catches you you’re dead also!”

Mr. Meek first tried to slightly turn his head in the brunette’s direction, but Max kind of got a sense that something was up as she shot him a glance and he dropped his head. Mr. Meek then twisted his head in the opposite direction of the Brunette but jammed his eyes over to steal another glimpse. Max looked at him and said, Stan, you come sit next to me now. I couldn’t see his reaction, because I was behind the national Geographic, stifling a laugh while squeezing my stomach together to keep my body still.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have found your site while surfing the web. I like it very much and I will visit it more often.

Anonymous said...

I found this article very interesting and useful. Hope readers will appreciate it.