Wednesday, August 02, 2006

THE GREAT PURGE

Yesterday I was driving with #2 son by an old graveyard, and as we past, he asked me if I knew who was buried there. I assured him not individually, but collectively they are all dead. This answer is not right. The correct answer is Masons are buried there. Yes, I think he means Free Masons, because there isn’t a whole lot of stone work in the graveyard.

He asked me if I knew any Masons, and I answered yes I did from my past.

“All Masons should be purged.”
“What!!??”
“You heard me, all Masons should be purged.”
As unwilling to further this conversation that I was, foolish me continued it.
“You mean out of government?”
“No, shot”
“SHOT?:
“Yup, they are nothing but traitors to their country.”
“You really believe that?”
“Yes, you should shoot them”
“OK, but only one, after all I am retired now. But does that mean you are taking down the Soviet Russian flag off your wall?”

Earlier that day I took him to the Subway sandwich restaurant so he could buy himself some lunch. After purchasing his sandwich, he gets into the car and as we drive away, I inquire as to what constitutes his sandwich.
“Oh, grilled vegetables with cheese and Italian spices and sauce.”
“Wow, you slap some salami on that sucker and you are in business!”
“Why don’t you become a veggie?”
“Because I love meat.”
But it will kill ya.”
“OK, you quit smoking and I become a vegetarian.”
“OK, you become one now and I will quit.”
“No way, because if I know you, while I’m eating like a rabbit, you’ll smoke to that.

No comments: