Friday, August 11, 2006

NOW, IF THEY CAN ONLY BRING ME BACK

You may have read recently that GM is bringing back the Camaro. It was the sports car of its day, right behind the Corvette. It was the one car I truly loved of all the cars I owned in my lifetime. The Camaro made me cool: along with my Edwardian Suits and wide toed shoes, with colorful floral patterned ties, I cut quite a figure.

Never again will they bring back the feeling I had when I first drove that little green beauty with its’ black vinyl roof and gold interior bucket seats. My younger sister got herself a Red Mustang around that time, but it didn’t have the charm of that little green monster.

There are a lot of things they should bring back in life. One of those things was the days I spent dating the Little Woman. They probably were the best carefree days of my life. I had a beautiful girlfriend, money in my pocket and a keen sense for a good time. The Little Woman, (Miss Manning) would always have a smile on her face, a sweet disposition and a cold nose. I used to love to call her on the phone at her job at Mobile Oil in NYC. She had and still does have a sexy voice, and when she answered her phone with “Miss Manning”, I wanted to leave my office and go direct to Mobile Oil.

Another thing they should bring back is the times I spent playing ball with my kids. I loved to play ball as a child and tried to get that enthusiasm into my kids. Playing catch with your son is like tossing all the current problems I may have had and just talking about baseball, football or anything the kid was involved with. I can remember my daughter Ellen, who could hardly stand on her feet, being able to catch a large rubber ball on one bounce, and getting so excited she would drop the ball and clap her hands!

Of course no one should live in the past, but it is the past that teaches.

So if you are young, go out and buy a Camaro, maybe you’ll find a sexy sounding beautiful girlfriend, have money in your pockets, and a good time will come automatically. Stay away from Edwardian suits and floral ties.

No comments: