Thursday, September 21, 2006

IT’S SO GOOD I’M GONNA CRY!

There are few things in life that move me to tears. Sometimes a commercial, other times a story about a success after hardship. Whenever any of my kids do good, I admit it, I get emotional. After I cry I call myself a sick SOB and move on. I try not to let anyone see it but I do sniffle in the eyes so to speak. #1 Son’s graduation from UNC, #2 Son’s graduation from High School and getting up out of bed when I call him come to mind.

TLW (The Little Woman) on the other hand makes me cry when she cuts down on the olive oil, or doesn’t bring me home a chocolate cream pie when she goes to buy a container of coffee for us. This too is sadness, and I secretly weep.

Well this afternoon I had a deeply spiritual moment. In the early A.M., TLW left on the kitchen counter a recipe for me to make. It is “eggplant soup” and comes highly recommended by my much older sister “Tessie.” This is my first attempt at soup so I diligently took the task on. I shopped for the necessary ingredients, making sure I was buying only the freshest ones possible. I started to cut, dice, peel and seed sorting and crushing garlic and cutting onions. I put it all in the pot and let it simmer for two hours.

It came time to test the attempt. I grabbed a slice of thyme and oregano infused bread and dipped into the sauce. Pardon me as I wipe my eyes again. The taste was, well I had to wipe away the little tears that formed on the corners of my eyes, it took the breath of life away from me momentarily as I fell back into a chair to compose myself and get over the experience.

If you would like the recipe, send me an e-mail and I will be happy to send it to you. delgraphics@optonline.net
Caution: make sure you have plenty of Kleenex.

No comments: