Saturday, September 02, 2006

LABOR DAY WEEKEND, WHAT IS THAT?

The Country is celebrating a holiday this weekend, and for the first time in years I can't really consider myself part of it. Being how I'm retired I can be a casual observer, and even advise as to how to properly celebrate the holiday. There are certain things one must do and consider in the ritual of this time-honored celebration. For starters: look at the time between now and Tuesday and say: "Wow, I don't have to go back until Tuesday!" If you don't care for that one, how about this: "Gee, I can spend Sunday afternoon and evening doing anything I want, and not care about Monday and work!"

You will need certain "gear" to facilitate the celebration of Labor Day. Tall beer glasses or long stem wine glasses, a snack tray and a good set of bar-b-q tools should help. Cross word puzzles and road maps will all lend enjoyment to the weekend. DON"T FORGET TO GET A BIG JUICY STEAK for at least one day in the weekend, and oh, before I forget, ice cream is a must end of the summer treat.

Of course once Monday evening comes, you should be immediately put on suicide watch as you fade into the Sunday evening blues, with weight gain, and the thought of going back to work. Don't forget to ask yourself: "Where the hell did the weekend go??"

HAPPY HOLIDAY WEEKEND.

No comments: