Saturday, October 07, 2006

I DON’T CARE WHAT YOU THINK, BECAUSE I’M OLD

Now that I’ve gotten older, all the decorum of the past has been thrown to the wayside. I don’t get embarrassed at all anymore, and frankly speaking, Ii don’t give a damn. I can easily make fun of myself, including my looks, body functions and tastes.

As you get older, its kind of fun to say what you want, whenever you want to say it, without fear of repercussions. There are no taboos, noting is sacred except my private life. It’s getting so that even TLW (The little Woman) is getting the same way! Imagine that!

If you look at the history of older people, anyone over 55 years of age you notice they are all the same, with the same attitude. Get behind one on the highway, doing 20 mph in a 65 mph zone.

Have you ever tried to pass one in a crowded supermarket? They tend to block the aisles, and look annoyed if you dare to bother them.

Remember Senator John Glenn, going off into space in his 70”s? The joke was that he would be orbiting the earth in a capsule, doing 20 mph circling right while his left blinker is left on.

The one lesson I learned from getting older is that when you are finally old enough to give advice, you don’t!

If you don’t agree with me, to hell with you.

No comments: