Friday, October 20, 2006

LOOKING FOR A USED CAR

Yesterday and the day before were spent looking for a used car. Taking #2 Son in tow, we drove out to a used car lot and started looking. Kicking tires is not my favorite pastime, and asking suspicious looking characters questions about cars is no fun. Granted the media has made these people suspicious looking, and probably unfairly, but you can’t help but be suspicious of them anyway.

If my Dad had decided to buy me a used car, especially my first car ever, I would have been so happy, I would have pushed it uphill if need be, and stuck my foot out the door if I had to, to stop.

#2 Son has certain criterion for purchasing with my money. For instance, if it doesn’t look like a staff car for the mafia, it doesn’t work for him. If it doesn’t have a CD player, forget about it. If it is within reason of my affordability, we are aiming far too low.

My first car was a very convenient mode of transportation. It was attached to other cars on tracks, or it gave off emissions that could choke a bus, in fact it was a bus.

Today I have a hot lead-given to me by my trust worthy mechanic whose has vouched for this lead and its owner. I spoke with my trusted mechanic over the phone, so I assume it was him on the other end. The blue book value is $1,000 more than the asking price and if the trust worthy mechanic recommends it: I think I should bite.

I got strict instructions from the donee, #2 Son not to buy anything without his approval first! Talk about your quilliones.

RE: 2006 METS-
R.I.P. but “Wait till next year!”

No comments: