Sunday, October 08, 2006

OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY!

Well, the Yankees are ready for their next opponent in the 2006 ALDS. Good old George Steinbrenner has guaranteed a World Series this year. Yes indeed, he even stated when asked if he was concerned about playing the N.Y. Mets after they had just beaten the L.A. Dodgers in the first game of their series: “No, not the way they played today”

What! The Yankees are eliminated! Are you sure?? Can’t be! But George said…!

Yes, I read the papers with eagerness this morning, savoring the Mets sweep of the Dodgers, and the Yankees loss. Then to enhance my enjoyment, went to the Yankee Network, called the “Oh No! Network” home of N.Y. Yankee Baseball. Of course I had made sure to watch the Yankees lose their game to the Tigers, and then follow-up by watching the Mets beat the Dodgers in three straight last night, so I knew today was a glorious day!

Since 2001, the Yankees have spent over 1 billion dollars ($1,000,000,000,000) in U.S. dollars, not winning one World Series! Tsk, Tsk!

God bless George Steinbrenner. I just feel sorry for Torre, Jeter, Posada and Bernie Williams, the rest, well, too bad.

HOW BOUT DEM METS?

HOW BOUT DEM YANKS????

The season can be over for all I care as of today. It was indeed a great baseball year for DelBloggolo and NY Met Baseball.

To all you Yankee fans: This is to you and your arrogance, especially to that wise guy I met in the supermarket the other day: See blog (Thursday, October 05, 2006,“I’M PITTIED.”)

METS stands for: My Entire Team SWEET.

Pardon me for gloating, but this may never happen again.

My Mets are a mix of everything that IS New York. Hispanic, Black, White and mostly poor people, working hard to make a living and trying to win, they never show up in a limo at work, and play their music loud enough to allow each other to hear.

No comments: