Sunday, October 29, 2006

THE TIME HAS COME, BACK IN TIME

This is the time of the year when we set back our clocks and hopefully not revert to old habits too. When I got up this morning,
TLW (The Little Woman) said:

“You forgot to set the clocks back.”

Me, being the shlub that I am, took it in stride and buried my head in the sports pages. It wasn’t going to end there.

TLW: “I had to reset all the clocks this morning.”
Me: “Wow!” “Sorry”
TLW: “That’s OK.”
Me: “Did you do the one on my night stand?”
TLW: “No, and I didn’t do the one over the TV, because I’m too short to reach, and also the one in #2 Son’s Room.”
Me: “So actually, you didn’t do ALL the clocks, just some.”
This last statement was greeted with her usual appreciation of my quick wit, stoned silence, and ignoring my very being.

There is a lesson here for all you guys out there who are either just married, or married a few years, or about to get married.

Shut up whenever possible.

No comments: