Saturday, December 16, 2006

THE PARTY IS OVER, TIME TOO CALL IT A DAY!

Well my report on the party is not very exciting. Happily I can say that no one was hurt, the food and wine was good and the parking bad. How bad did you ask? So bad I drove around so much that I wind up parking in MY driveway, taking the railroad and two buses and walking three blocks. Well maybe not that far but it was bad.

Today I got the news from TLW (The Little Woman) that I had to decorate the house for Christmas, or Kwanza, or Channukka or whatever the Asians are calling it. It seems I’ve become very “Creative when it comes to those kinds of things”, in other words, you do it this year by yourself.

I’m a lonely man right now, as I contemplate going into the garage, and pulling down heavy boxes of decorations to distribute around the house, with a few art critics coming by this evening (TLW and #2 Son) to assess my handiwork and make suggestions, file complaints, and generally speaking: making me nuts.

Thinking about the job of decorating, I would like to do something different this year, and what that is is to leave all the decorations in the boxes on the front porch. As someone comes into the house, they reach in, grab a decoration and decide what they would do with it to decorate the place. Kind of a family and community affair in decorating, and when the season is over, as they leave the house, take down what they grabbed and drop it in the box on the way out.

I’m a genius AND creative!

1 comment:

Steve Philp said...

Best idea ever!