Tuesday, January 23, 2007

AMERICAN IDLE

By now everyone knows about the TV hit, “American Idol”, and the show that guarantees you can make a jerk of yourself by being the very worst. There are two kinds of people that make the TV appearance, the likes of either David Hang or Clay Aiken, depending if you like schlock or good music.

I wish it was “American Idle”, and then I’d have something to see on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening, or hear something on the news at night that is more worthy.

Obviously I have a few thoughts about the show:
1)Simon Cowl has the most talent of anyone on the show, and he doesn’t sing.
2)Simon Cowl is the show
3)Simon Cowl is my favorite because he is honest, and really insults and hurts people’s feelings. Now normally I wouldn’t like that, but when people know the rules, go ahead and do it anyway, they deserve it!
4)Who in their right mind would listen for an hour of bad singing unless they are at heart mean spirited to want to see self-inflicted humiliation by some one? We all do.
5)My other favorite guy on the show is the one that says: “Good night.”
6)If people are going to try out, they should really video-tape themselves to hear and see what they really look and sound like and not become offended when Simon says: “You stink.”

Maybe I’m just a grouchy old man, without a sense of humor, or annoyed that someone else came up with a good idea to make a lot of money and I didn’t, but I tried to watch it once again with an opened mind, and realized I wanted to apply an ax to my head, which I believe would indeed give me an open mind.

No comments: