Friday, January 19, 2007

BOOKS

Some of us have termites, some too many relatives, me, I have too many books. If it were money, I wouldn’t be complaining, just counting right now. These books are starting to propagate right under my nose, and raising large bookcases.

I for one have a large library topics and authors complete from art, advertising, cooking to sports, politics, mysteries and who done its to religion. They reside all over the house, from boxes down in my basement to shelves in my studio, kitchen, den and living room. And what do they all have in common? Dust.

Always respecting books, I never throw any out, because I know also that when I do, I will immediately need it or miss it in some form.

Gee Mabel, book learnin is good.

My favorite topics don’t really matter as much as I do like some kinds of reading over others, but when I’m done reading, I feel an accomplishment and that I now have a permanent record of some part of my life. I can truly say, dusting will take a little longer tomorrow.

I have books from high school and college, books from when I was just married, books collected from my career, and often wonder if I will ever read them or need them again. But I am not alone with this madness, TLW (The Little Woman) and both #1 and #2 Sons have left me with their books to house, and God forbid I should throw one out.

For a while I’ve been saving all my loose change, I think I’ll sell all the books and put the money with the loose change. Then I can start a real library.

No comments: