Saturday, January 06, 2007

DID I MISS SOMETHING?

Every morning when I awake, I head down stairs after my shower and I find TLW (The Little Woman) sitting in her easy chair, with a cup of coffee and watching “Good Morning America.” Usually her nose is nice and cold, with a red glow that tells me she is healthy and all is well with the world. Except for two weeks in early August, this is an everyday occurrence. In those first two weeks in August, the temperature climbs high enough for her to wear only a sweater, as she sheds her scarf and topcoat, gloves and robe, and removes the comforter for two weeks.

This year I am becoming very worried. TLW is looking like early August! I started fearing for her health, became concerned that she might even have to shed her gloves, but fortunately, I figured out the problem. IT’S TOO DARN WARM FOR JANUARY! Hello, it is January, it is supposed to be at least cooler than August.

TLW is valiant in her efforts to stay warm, wearing her big fuzzy robe, with nose warmer, and her PJ’s ready at a moments notice to climb into bed, under the covers and doze off while watching CSI, Boston Legal, and Cold Case Files or some show like it. In January I can always count on seeing someone’s guts being analyzed, propped up or put in a crime scene evidence bag that looks like left over dinner going into the freezer. But with the recent celebrating of Christmas in July and New Years Day in August, everything in my life is becoming unrecognizable. I think last night I looked to see if the Mets were playing!

I used to pick up #1 son in December for the holidays, and carry his Peacoat into the air terminal so he wouldn’t freeze from the terminal to the car, This year California Boy stayed coatless in the balmy July night we spent just three weeks ago at JFK International.

Well enough complaining, I have to call those lawn guys and ask where the hell they are, not to mention the fact that the pool needs to be opened soon.

No comments: