Tuesday, January 16, 2007

NOW I’VE SEEN IT ALL!

The people of Oklahoma, Wyoming and Texas are all getting rich right now and not from oil or cattle, and are laughing at us New Yorkers. Why, because they send JCPenney’s all their used jeans, and Penney’s sells them to us suckers here in the East.

Sunday I had to go to the mall with TLW (The Little Woman) to the Apple Computer Store. On the way out, TLW said she wanted to go to Penney’s to look at some jeans for #2 Son.

How would you like to spend over $54 for a pair of jeans? How about a pair that are ripped? Faded? Worn?? I couldn’t believe my eyes. I commented to TLW that I have an idea, how about paint stains on them? Well, one bin over, there they were, paint stained!

I have one more idea. How about food stained jeans? We could stain them in Italian, Chinese or Mexican food. You know, you throw one of those theme parties, telling everyone to come in say, Mexican jean stain, as the party theme is Mexican.

I can remember when if something had a stain or was ripped, it went into a discount bin, and you paid less for the damage, or the store threw them out, but now they increase the price! There were jeans with the knees torn and split. My Mother used to have to sew them up, now they encourage lazy mothers!

On the way to the car in the parking lot, TLW commented that the people that buy the paint stained jeans probably never held a paint- brush in their life. Just think what it would do for #2 Son, all the labor of a paint job, without the stress of working.

TLW thinks I’m getting old, because there in front of us walking out of the mall was a young lady that was wearing faded tight jeans, long black high heeled boots, a leather jacket and under the jacket, are you ready for this? A red dress that hung over her buttocks and below the knees in front!

No comments: