Monday, January 08, 2007

OK, LET’S STRAIGHTEN OUT

Yesterday was basic training day. TLW (The Little Woman) had the day off, and unfortunately had a stiff neck for a few days. This interferes with my harmony, forcing me to be sweeter than I usually am. TLW’s major complaint was the fact that we are eligible for a town tax rebate on our property tax, but weren’t notified, we had to download the form and she learned that we had to go down to town hall to make the application valid. This makes her a master sergeant around the old post. Her sharp commands and immediate responses were the order if the day. “Mam, yes Mam, ”Mam, no Mam” “Mam, whatever you say, Mam.”

If you are wondering what that makes me, it is private, 2nd rate. It seems everything made her grouchy, all day long. Fortunately for me I had a meeting to go to at 3:00 p.m., and so I had to leave at 2:30 p.m. Immediate relief set into my well being, as I scooted out the door, no, flew out the door, not bothering to open the door first so I could get out faster. Being a sniveling coward is really convenient; no one gets hurt, as I don’t have to fear some heavy object landing on my cranium.

There were many things to set her off, like she kept getting bumped off the Internet, and calling me down to fix it. TLW managed to voice her displeasure, go on another computer and complain she couldn’t do anything on it because she couldn’t raise her neck high enough to read the screen. If it wasn’t the Internet, it was the retirement check was sent instead of direct deposited for the second time. Looking up medications that my daughter is prescribed made her even madder.

Tomorrow TLW goes back to work, and I go back to my routines where someone in the house is nice to me not that TLW wasn’t civil or even nice, but she sure was annoyed at something.

Being a man of purity and patience, good virtue and just all around nice guy, on her next day off I’m going to Church or Temple or something and am praying for the next day to come real fast.

No comments: