Tuesday, January 02, 2007

RUNNING NOWHERE FAST

I started my exercise program this morning, and let me tell you, I was surprised. After the weekend holiday of eating and drinking, and fancy foods, I woke up this morning not feeling so well. The thought that I was starting my exercise program didn’t sit well either, but the thought of dieting, and maybe never eating again sounded kind of good.

I put on a tape that TLW (The Little Woman) used to help her shed 30 pounds and had to substitute the rubber stretchers you need for this workout. I went into the kitchen and found two large cans of soup. The trouble is neither can is low-cal but it will have to do.

The tape starts out by having you walk for a bit to loosen up; you do a little prancing around for about a mile of a work out. At one point, the tape has you marching in place, and then step kicking and lateral movements, making me feel somewhat strange. Did you ever hear of the phrase “Marching to the tune of a different drummer”? That was me as I tried to keep in step with all the kicking marching and what have you.

Being alone in the house, I can look like a jackass and still not feel inhibited by the fact that someone may be watching. I think eventually I will become better at it (the kicking etc.), as I reminded myself that exercise is just like eating, once you learn, you never forget. Being how I sweat whenever I work, I opened the doors leading to the patio, and didn’t have TLW to freeze out, since she wasn’t home.

After the workout, my thighs felt a little tight but I actually felt a whole lot better. I sure hope I can keep it up. I took the measurements of my waist and neck and weighted in for the first time. I will report back on my progress every two weeks.

The lady that leads the exercise program can actually talk throughout the whole ordeal. This little aspect is starting to kill me as I try to imagine my talking while I do these steps. All I can say is: “Uhh, Uhh, Uhh. Wait a minute, that IS what I’m saying!

Either I loose some weight or death should come quickly.

1 comment:

Steve Philp said...

Either way, you'll look great in a suit!

I think you've got the right idea about working out behind closed, locked, and barred doors. I'm nowhere near coordinated enough to attempt exercise in front of other people!