Monday, January 29, 2007

WHAT’S A NICE GUY LIKE ME DOIN’ HERE?

When I went to the Apple Store to inquire as to my wireless router and it’s need for wires, I had to wait a the “Genius Bar”, and actual bar with four stools that you sat at and discussed the problems you were having with your Ipod or computer or whatever was the Apple of your eye problem.

Being waited on was this young lady who sat patiently while the “Genius” or geek checked her Ipod. (Electronically, after all they ARE geeks.)

As I sat down on the next barstool, a temptation came over me to ask her: “Come here often?”

That temptation quickly left me as I thought: “Why would she even consider answering an old geezer like me, even if it was a tongue in cheek question?”

I reconsidered and was on the verge of asking again, but again thought the better of it. Knowing full well that it would end up in the blog, TLW (The Little Woman) would read it and it would be my last blog, except for the brief and caustic memorial TLW would write to end it.

You ask: “Why even go there?”

Because when my wife makes coffee in the morning she is putting some kind of truth serum in it, that makes, yes I said makes me, tell all. Trying to hide even a good thing from her is like lying to your Mother, it wouldn’t work for me, besides she trusts me implicitly. Why ruin that? Someday it may come in handy? No it won’t! Shame on me!

There were times when I suggested to her that some young lady might be interested, and she was willing to up the offer to expedite the movement of my baggage! Somehow she has gotten a little too sure of herself, after my nap, and laxative and prune pudding, I will investigate why.

No comments: