Wednesday, February 21, 2007

AND HE SHALL LEAD THEM.

It was a sad occasion, the passing of an individual that all of Olympia’s children had to attend. None of her children really knew the deceased, but out of respect we all attended the wake because we had to, indeed a sad occasion.

As wakes go, it was nothing special; in fact it was somewhat dead. I was getting antsy, and needed a cigarette and decided to go downstairs and try to kill the boredom. As I descended so did the rest of Olympia’s children, all five of us, down into the lounge that usually sits in the basement of the funeral parlor.

Being the type that likes to entertain my sisters, I was making jokes and having a grand old time, finishing up my cigarette, I decided to explore the basement and out of curiosity see what was behind some of the slatted doors. All four sisters followed me, as one door after another was opened and closed, being nosey and commenting as I went.

Suddenly I came to a larger set of doors and instinctively knew what was behind them, but told the girls it was a kitchen. With that I allowed them to bravely pass through the doors as I closed them, leaving the sisterhood in a large dark room surrounded by what else but coffins!

I think we resurrected the dead person upstairs, as all four let out a scream that had to be heard in the next town!

This I consider one of my greatest moments in brotherhood.

No comments: