Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A VICTIM OF SUGGESTION

Yes, that is exactly what I am. Subliminally I can have a yen for anything that is suggested in that fashion.

Today in the newspaper in the weekly food report is Chinese food. One of my favorite foods is Chinese. Anything Chinese. Yesterday on the History Channel I watched how then President Nixon opened the diplomatic door to China, I viewed all the old footage of him at the banquets toasting and eating what appears to be interesting little morsels of Chinese culinary masterpieces.

I remember when that happened, I took TLW (The Little Woman) to lunch that day, and you can guess what I ate. Yes, Chinese food. I was in the spirit of things, doing my patriotic duty, imbibing upon oriental atmosphere and enjoying the fact that I helped in my own small way to make history.

I now have a yen (Sometimes I even amaze myself) for Chinese food again. I can taste it, I need it, but I won’t get it. Why? Because #2 Son has my car, so I can’t go out and get some. I drink tea to get my mind off of it, but Chinese people drink tea, lots of it. You would think I’d give myself a break and want English food, but no, I want Chinese food.

Egg rolls don’t do it for me. I have to have dim sum, Szechuan beef or pork, maybe a nice fish or veggie in sesame oil with rice. I am even open to some sushi. Maybe a little Thai shrimp soup would help me overcome my desire for Chinese food.

I think the thing about Asian food is not only the taste, but the exotic look and the different kinds of dishes that are prepared.

I hope this little essay has forced you to have a desire for some Chinese or Asian food, and that it is takeout, so when I do go to a Chinese restaurant it won’t be crowded.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how come you didn't just have it delivered?

Anonymous said...

how come you didn't just have it delivered???

your loving sister...Mary Ann