Thursday, February 01, 2007

WE DID IT!

I have a nephew about 5 years of age. Actually he is my niece Lauri Ann’s adopted son from Asia. She adopted him as an infant and he is as cute as a button, and smart as a whip. Now that I’ve gotten all the cliché’s out of the way, a few years ago, he was struggling to get a folded dishtowel onto a stove door handle, and after many attempts finally did. “I did it!” came the cry from this little tyke, and it stays in my head every time I accomplish something.

Today I proclaim: “We did it!” When I say “We” I mean: TLW (The Little Woman) and I that is. After many hours with our new remote, after trying to figure out what we did wrong to program it, then doing so successfully, we had to still learn how to operate it.

If you notice, there is a pattern starting to develop, my reactions have become more and more childlike! This is making me happy, this is where my life is heading? But I must tell you, that being able to operate a TV, DVD, VCR, Cable Box AND Tivo all from one remote is just terrific. We did this without the help of a teenager, too.

There will be no stopping me now, with or without TLW! Yes, I will go even further, I just need some challenges, something I can really sink my teeth into, and not get bitten back. It would help also because it gives me another subject to discuss with you dear reader.

To my little nephew Sean, the “I did it kid”, put on your pajamas and go to bed. Now.

All of today is not “We did it”, or “I did it.” I weighted myself today, and after two and one-half additional weeks of dieting, I lost “0” lbs.

0

No comments: