Wednesday, February 14, 2007

WHY I STILL LOVE HER

It’s funny, I look at the wedding pictures and I see a young beautiful woman, one with a fresh young unsuspecting smile. I look today at her and I see a beautiful woman with a wise smile, one who has witnessed everything.

That wise smile has a history of both triumph and great tragedy, one of wisdom and patience, one of quiet love and a good, good soul.

I can’t make up for the tragedy, nor am I responsible for the great triumphs, (her two sons are) but I witnessed the Lady forever being “The Lady.”

Being married to her I learned that “Home” is just a word that exist solely as the place she occupies at the time I am with her. Home is at a store, the car, an emergency room, a sun lit beach if we are together.

I am a lucky man, she never complains about my joking on this space about her, she has a name (Ellen) and TLW (The Little Woman) is just her heart and soul to me.

Although her nose is always cold, (she never sweats), her heart is very warm, and her voice to me is as magical as the first Christmas a child remembers. When she comes home at night, my dog Happy starts to bark and run about all excited, I can’t do that but feel like I should.

I guess after 36 Valentine Days, beautiful love still blooms in me for her, I think I still love her; she hasn’t gotten older, just wiser.

“Come grow old with me,
The best is yet to be.”

Two secrets to keep your marriage brimming
1. Whenever you're wrong, admit it,
2. Whenever you're right, shut up.
Nash

No comments: