Saturday, April 14, 2007

I CAN’T BELIEVE I BROKE THE WHOLE THING!

Given as how hard I’ve been working to lose weight, today was a great day!

I started with my morning exercise, as I do these aerobic exercises for two miles. The torture of the exercise comes with the use of a rubber belt, that goes into making the exercise more intense and builds up a sweat, You kick and push, swap and raise from side to side, you back kick and walk, all toward the goal of better health.

Well today I broke the belt from constant use. I wore it out! Me, who hates exercise, who has to lay in bed and dread getting up because I have to exercise, broke the belt. If I don’t exercise, in spite of myself, I get nuts and disturbed that I didn’t get up and do it. Wearing out exercise equipment speaks volumes to my dedication.

Then to top things off, I went to a meeting on Guardianship of which I co-chair a committee, and the chairperson says to me: “You lost some weight! Oh, those were the words I have been waiting for 11 weeks! Those words gave me a new shot of adrenalin and motivation.

Hey, I better go out and get a new belt!

No comments: