Monday, April 02, 2007

MONDAY, MONDAY!

Oh how I hate to get up on a Monday morning.

Yet I have no real place to go, just a routine that I employ and enjoy, but old habits refuse to go away in some cases.

When I was a young guy, I used to get up very early in the morning, eager to do things, excited about my days off when I would meet my girlfriend and spend the day with her. Even before I retired I was up at 4:45 am to get to work and beat the traffic on the LIE.

Now, every morning that I awaken, I am actually semi-conscious and laying there thinking about the time. I tell myself that I have to get up to do my exercises, and the thought of it makes me want to stay in bed longer. Then I think: “In 20 minutes, I’ll be doing them and I probably won’t be so unhappy as I get closer to finishing them.”

The other motivator is to get up before TLW (The Little Woman) leaves for work, because I don’t want her leaving me without first saying “goodbye.” Of course this opens me up to “instructions” that I conversationally call “Requests” by TLW.

In May TLW goes off to Chicago with her sister Maureen, and while she is away, the TV will be all mine, the menu will be take-out, and I will sleep to 9:00 am at the least!

Life will be good!

No comments: