Wednesday, May 23, 2007

AMAZING GRAPES, HOW SWEET THEY TASTE

TLW (The Little Woman) came home from church as she does every Sunday, (Our Lady of the Holy Mackerel) and as she did I was upstairs in my studio, heard the noise and figured it was time to go down for breakfast.

As I entered the kitchen I heard this religious music, and didn’t know if I should genuflect, bless myself or just get down on my knees and pray. TLW is always buying these tapes and CDs with religious music as she is trying to get me to go to church.

The name of the guy that recorded all this music is Al Barbarino, and a relative to Vinny Barbarino, I guess.

I asked TLW what this Al Barbarino did in real life, and she responded that he worked for the prison system. I asked her; “Doing what?’ She stated she really didn’t know. I thought to myself, probably sings to the prisoners while they eat their lunch, whether the want him to or not.

The music really wasn’t too bad, as there were some old favorites such as: Amazing Grace, Oy Vey Murray (A Jewish Ave Maria) and some non-religious ditties that I happened to like.

Well with all the candles she is constantly bringing home and scattering around the house, I think I’ll light a few and pray for the Mets and myself.

Amen.

No comments: