Friday, May 11, 2007

KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH THE WORLD

May 10th is my Mother’s 89th birthday, and we her kids have decided to celebrate a little extra by giving her a dinner. The family has decided to try to cater the affair either at home or at a restaurant. Some of us will do a little shopping around to get prices, and I am one of the shoppers.

In discussing the plans I offered to go to a few places I know of and get menus and prices. Being how I am on the cutting edge, a pillar of my community and a now happening kind of guy I suggested two places. Neither of them exists anymore! How’s that?

This party has its complications. Five children have five different lives, living in five different areas, all five trying to be accommodating, all having conflicts. Who’s moving one weekend, who is going away the next, who is working that day, and the list goes on.

Will we be able to nail this down and make everyone happy?

Probably we will be able to somehow all agree on a date, we always have and always will. And who comes along with a rescue party to help out five old adults but my beautiful niece Laurie Ann, offering up her house, which is perfect for this kind of party.
And the date is nailed down too! Are we wonderful children or what?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLYMPIA

No comments: