Thursday, May 17, 2007

RIGHT IN HER TRACKS

It was early, about 7:30 A.M., and TLW (The Little Woman) was scurrying about, like a squirrel on the roof of my shed. She had just issued her orders for the day and was about to embark on a new adventure in the world of banking and in particular membership relations.

The TV was on and as she ran by it, she stopped cold in her tracks! There was the residue of the QVC channel, the shopping channel with something of interest. Suddenly she became mesmerized by what she was viewing.

This trance like state is very scary for a loved one to witness. Her eyes stopped blinking, breathing faint, as she became very still and her head had a certain tilt to it, as she studied and analyzed the content of the programming.

I became suddenly very concerned, as the heartbeat of TLW, her pulse stopping and grayness came over my wallet. Of course I did what any sane husband would do and tried to desperately revive the colors in my wallet, as they were fading fast. I tried to snap TLW out of her trance, but there was no snapping, I tried a body check, but I just bounced off the wall. It called for drastic measures. How could I get her out of this state?

“Toots” I shouted, “there is a young lady with a little baby in her arms, looking for #2 Son!”

As I lay there, gone was TLW off to work and I was slowly being revived by a good face licking courtesy of Happy my Cocker Spaniel, the room spinning and my chin throbbing, I realized that maybe I should switch from cable to the old fashion aerial setup.

No comments: