Saturday, June 09, 2007

AND SO IT GOES

Today I went for a semi-annual heart doctor appointment, and he asked me when I had the by-pass. I told him in September of 2003 and he said: “Congratulations!” He looked at my cardiogram and now I have to go to a stress test on Friday the 13th. It’s Friday, it’s the 13th, AND it’s a stress test! How lucky can I get?

Am I worried? No, because I’ve done this before with unfortunate results, and know how bad things can get. Am I being a fatalist? No, just accepting what will come, and when it does you will know about it too.

If you don’t take care of yourself, you can follow along with the results of such stupidity by reading what I have to say about it. If your wives, mothers or love ones says: “Go to the doctor” and you still don’t, don’t miss a word of the anxiety and pain I will experience either now or later on. I know it couldn’t happen to me, yet I did. Don’t listen and I’ll be seeing you in the same predicament.

Do me a favor and; take care of yourself; it’s the right thing to do.

No comments: