Monday, June 04, 2007

RENDER UNTO CAESAR THE THINGS THAT ARE CAESAR’S

TLW (The Little Woman) and I received a notice from Toyota that if we turned in our car now, four months before it is due, we could be forgiven the last four months payments and get a new car.

Being how it was almost time, we decided to do so and wanted to try out the Prius, a car of the future that has been around since 1999. Test-driving the car was a joy, all new technology and a whole different attitude made for a tough decision as to what to do. Being a Camry user for years it was a tough choice, but decided to stick with a Camry for another 3 years.

While we made the deal and finalized everything with the salesman, TLW casually mentioned to the car salesman that she knew him from church, seeing him most Sunday’s at church. Of course the salesman got all excited and asked why we didn’t mention it sooner. He went on to say how he was such a good son that he took him Mom to church every other week although he wasn’t a member of the parish, first taking the old girl for breakfast where they could talk, then Mass.

Getting home I asked TLW why she didn’t mention it sooner and said that she would never use Jesus for gain. Jesus first, Joe’s pocket second, and hope for the best. I guess that TLW spends her time praying just like me. I pray to stay out of church, she prays to find me in church, and either way I don’t save any money.

If my Mother ever finds out I don’t go to church, she will smite me with her wooden spoons, and I will be dammed to eternal hell. As a good Christian boy, what is eternal hell, but a series of lectures from Mom and a look from TLW that says: “Don’t blame me when God catches up to you, sinner.”
.

No comments: