Sunday, June 10, 2007

THE EXPERIMENT

There are evenings when the mind roams, and I find ways to amuse myself and still manage to stay married to TLW (The Little Woman). Being how the Met game was over and I was watching a detective show while TLW was fast asleep in her chair, I took out the lap top and decided to test TLW while she slept. (Note: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME, UNLESS YOU ARE A TRAINED HUSBAND!)

I looked up a web site that had religious info with a song you could play. Being how she is a religious instruction teacher, this idea was perfect. The only song available was; “Oh, Holy Night.” I figured why not? I hit the play button and let her rip. As I turned up the volume, I watched TLW, and holy mackerel; she started to stir, as her eyes started to flutter, responding to the call of holiness. Then suddenly I became afraid, thinking; “Maybe this will get out of hand! Maybe she will get up and go off to church, then thought about the outside chance that being it was a Christmas song, she might give me a Christmas present and I hadn’t shopped yet.) Was I creating a monster, a monster with uncontrollable passion to pray for me or worst still, drag me off to church?

Suddenly the song ended, and it was still and peaceful, TLW had fallen off, back to sleep! Gee, I wish I had: “Silent Night” to play.

No comments: