Saturday, June 30, 2007

IT DOESN’T TAKE MUCH

Today was hot and humid, the kind of day that if you are working, you are glad to be in the air conditioning if there is any.

Me, I whiled away my time in my floating lounge chair, drifting along in the pool, going from shaded areas to sunny ones, and enjoyed every bit. I read a little Ken Follett and took a nap or two, and let the lazy feeling take over.

Two things occur to me when I do the above. One is to feel guilty that I am doing nothing, and the second thing is I think of all the people I worked with through the years on days like today. I remember the drag of a meeting, or the rush of a schedule, or the worry of a budget that might be in jeopardy.

I recall going to lunch on days like this and hating to go back to the office, shirt and tie on and bad humor to boot. I wonder how my old friends are doing today, are they on their way to a meeting, or under the gun?

It’s funny, I just got off the phone with a company seeking a reference from me about a great gal that worked with me, and as I was speaking I realized that she was one of the people I was just thinking about as I wrote this!

As far as feeling guilty, I’m getting over that feeling quicker with each passing day.

No comments: