Saturday, June 23, 2007

SUNRISE, SUNSET

Gently roll the years, or so it seems.

I thought it was only yesterday when I looked out my front door and across the street from me stood two little children, playing on the front lawn while their parents were inside the house, looking to buy from Ray Cusimano, my neighbor for over 10 years as he planned his retirement in Florida.

What struck me about the kids was their frisky, puppy like zest for life, frolicking on the front lawn, running and jumping and just having a grand old time. There was a little boy and his little sister, and you could see they were close. Suddenly the little boy pushed his little sister to the ground, and I thought: “Ah, peace in our day” isn’t it typical.

Why do I bring this up? Well the little boy is now a big boy, graduation from high school, and the little sister is a year behind him and going into her senior year. His name is Joey, and sports a ponytail for a worthy cause, hair that will eventually be cut and given for children with cancer! A classy thing to do for such a young age! Joey was dressed in a tuxedo, climbing into his parent’s car on the way to I guess the senior prom, and his sister Lauren, a beautiful young lady was dress in a long gown that made her even more beautiful, and she was going to the prom too. These are two very good-looking kids in both physical and spiritual appearance, coming from parents who gave them that persona.
Richie and Alison are like most of my neighbors, really good people, with good kids, working to make their lives and the lives of their children better.

Sometimes I guess I need to stop and smell the roses, seeing what wonderful neighbors I have, and what wonderful kids they have. You know about My Man Bill and his Lovely Wife Carole and kids, and now meet Richie and Alison. There are others, just as wonderful; it makes for a wonderful place to live.

No comments: