Wednesday, June 27, 2007

WHAT DID SHE SAY?

Today I went to Home Depot with TLW (The Little Woman) to see if we could find an archway for our little garden on the side of the house. We find one and decide to purchase it and go up to the line at the checkout in the garden center.

TLW says to me that the price is good, $169, and we should buy it since it is the cheapest one around price wise as values go.

Our turn on line comes and the girl behind the counter scans it and says: “$129, please”.
TLW says: “What?”
Girl: “$129”
TLW: “But the price says $169?”
The shock of this conversation is causing me to lose blood pressure, fainting spells about to occur, and a general heart attack about to start.
TLW: “I saw it on the box over there!”
Not knowing how to stop Honest Abe I give her a slight body check, trying to say my money from undue harm. Meanwhile, she’s arguing to raise the price we pay!
Me: “Whatta ya nuts? The lady said $129! You trying to kill me or something?

See boys and girls, this is what happens when you marry someone who went to Catholic schools all her life, then teaches religion to second graders.

1 comment:

Elliot said...

Lol...shakes head.