Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I AM SO UNWORTHY

Yes indeed, I am humbled, taken for a spanking, an ah, ah, ah on the buttkiss, by TLW (The Little Woman).

If you read my trials and tribulations from yesterday, (JUGGLING MY SANITY) you know I had not gotten a resolution to my problem after calls to all the geeks concerning my TV. Well it turns out TLW found the problem, and we (me) are very grateful to her (TLW).

TLW: “You know Joe, for the last three days I’ve been thinking about the TV, and I think maybe the problem is the Tivo setup.”

Me: “ You think so??? I was wondering that because of the way the TV changed the channel on us before it all started. I hope so, because I spent a whole day trying different combinations with the cable and TV.”

TLW: “maybe I should reboot the Tivo.”

Me: “Good idea!”

Moments later, after the reboot: “Joe, look!”

Me: “Now see if the closed caption works.”

TLW: “You’re welcomed.”

Me: “No, no, I’m grateful, this is terrific, congratulations!. (Big kiss on the lips.)

Ten minutes later: TLW; “I really feel proud of myself, I think I’ll call my sister and brothers.”

After considerable preening, prancing and strutting she says, “I don’t care about anything, after all, I fixed the TV problem.”

Suddenly I feel unworthy, unimportant and unnecessary, knowing all I fixed was dinner.

If you like, you can send congratulations to TLW at:

ellendelbroccolo@yahoo.com

As for me, I’m looking for another place to live, alone.

joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Steve Philp said...

Time to pull a spark plug wire so you can feel needed again. :)