Wednesday, August 01, 2007

IT’S A DOG’S LIFE

Made a visit today to sign some checks at my place of volunteerism, and one of the secretaries asked me if I was enjoying my summer. Being retired I said that I was, and then realized that I’ve been retired now a full year, and it actually passed me by! Actually my retirement has been anything but a retirement, since TLW (The Little Woman) has created a perpetual honey-do list for me to follow daily.

When I wake up in the morning, I try not to look directly at her, because she will give me some chore in the guise of a “favor” and today was no exception.

Today I had to take the dog to the vets for a checkup of a hotspot on her tail. The doctor said: Yep, it is a hot spot, $126.00, please.”
When I went into the doctor’s examining room, I noticed how similar it is to my own doctor’s examining room. Then it dawned on me: my doctor has been treating me just like a dog!

I already have my orders from TLW for tomorrow: bring #2 Son to get his car an oil change, TLW doesn’t like the way the boy’s oil looks. This is after I had to help her find the oil stick in his car, draw a sample and show her how black it is. She runs a tight ship, giving me commands left and right, and if she didn’t think I could handle it, she would certainly give me even more commands. She is only 5 feet high, weight very little, but I listen to her. Why?

I think she is the reason I am still alive, somewhere there was a command from her to me that had to do with my living. Oops, she making the rounds, I better look like I’m busy.

joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com

No comments: