Friday, August 03, 2007

WHOA!!!!



CLICK ON CARTOON

Yesterday, rather than complain about the heat, I did something about it. I jumped into the pool, and had a nice time of it. However there were things that needed to be done, such as the very important work of my lunch. So out of the pool I go, and have my lunch, plus a little straightening up around the house.

I got the idea that I would get my floppy UNC hat, grab a book and make some ice tea, sit in my floating lounge chair, and read my book in the pool, Wishing I had a cigar, I was finishing up putting the dishes away from the dish-washer, my props ready for the pool when I suddenly had this sense of another being watching me! I turned toward the entrance to the kitchen and nearly jump out of my skin. It is TLW (The Little Woman) standing there! Home from work!

Well, it was a half-day for her, due to the wannabe bank and their policy of not paying overtime.

With TLW’s arrival was the departure of my pool plans, as slowly she drew me into a conversation on banking and the two or three new products her bank offers. All of a sudden, I’m asking questions, thinking like a banker and here is the scary part, I was finding it fascinating! Yes, me, the artists caring about banking and the new loans they offer small businesses, and on top of that, we discussed health insurance and my theory that there should be a lower limit on what juries award for punitive and other damages, why it is so hard for people to have health insurance and what not.

Maybe today I can go and do my thing in the pool.

joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com

No comments: