Thursday, September 27, 2007

500 BLOGS AND STILL SOME FIGHT LEFT IN THE OLD GIRL!

This is the 500th DelBloggolo!

The other morning, around 2 A.M., I received a punch in the arm that has probable paralyzing future effects on me. It was administered by TLW (The Little Woman), who was staking her claim to territory that lies between the two of us on the bed. This territory I refer to as: “No Man’s land,” and believe me no man should venture there.

The egregious action by TLW was to demonstrate that she is still the Boss, and that I get what is left over.

Being a man of peace, I moved over and waited till morning to discuss this pre-meditated attack on my person, to recover from the shock, pain and general hurt I experienced at her hands, or should I say fist. This is a little woman, not too big a fist, and I might say I doubt it was ever used before. But like any nuclear weapon, it needed to be tested, and I was the proving ground.

The next morning at the peace-table I inquired why I was so viciously attacked in my sleep, and her response was: “You were on my side of the bed, and you had 50.25% of the covers. Of course, I understood immediately that I was in the wrong.

NOT TWO DAYS LATER, did she appear on MY side of the bed, sound asleep with all the covers wrapped around her, while I had to get up and move under the mattress to thaw out, but not once did I contemplate retaliatory measures that would even the score, and restore my pride.

Did I mention it to her? No. Why? Because I don’t want another shot in the arm from killer.

Thanks for reading!

Send all your heart-felt sympathy to:
joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com

No comments: