Saturday, September 22, 2007

EN GARDE

Yesterday #2 Son had to go somewhere and wasn’t sure how to get there, so I went along with him, with me driving, of course. This is the time when father and son square off, round trip.

He usually starts in right away, making some statement that he knows I will not agree with, will put in some revisionist history to support his claim and probably doesn’t believe it at all. But he has an inert need to push my buttons and light up my tree. IT AIN’T GONNA HAPPEN! It might take the form of some political statement, usually about this country, or some fact that he dug up out of the 60’s movement on free sex and/or some anti religious remark that would keep both his Mother and me holding our ears shut.

He has been doing this since he could talk, and that was about a year-and-a-half old, when he discovered that if Daddy has beliefs, shake them at the roots. (Takes after his Mother).

TLW (The Little Woman) on the other hand thinks he takes after me. I strongly disagree and will to the day I die. I think his orneriness comes from her side, and he does prove me out, time and again. However there is some of him in me, and I exploited that on the way home, where I took the offensive and began to light up his tree.

The more into it I got, the more perverse pleasure I gained from it all, extrapolating quick responses out of shock, unsure answers and revising of previous statements that he used to defend himself.

He was suddenly in a fight of ideas and beliefs he didn’t anticipate, appreciate or agree in the least. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!

He was getting back what he likes to dish out, and I have decided to work on him some more when he least expects it, with a litany of statements, outrages or true, all mixed together for him to sort out, and maybe by them he will leave me alone.

You have your rights, write your complaints about this blog to:
joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com

Tell ‘em Joe sent you.

No comments: