Sunday, September 02, 2007

SCHOOL DAZZZZE, SCHOOL DAZE…

Yes, it is that time of year, bigger than Christmas, bigger than New Year’s Eve, bigger than life itself! That magical time of the year when the little darlings go back to school has arrived. Oh, happy days are here again!

Of course, if you are a teacher, not so happy, but as a parent, you feel like Snoopy at suppertime. Now mind you, I’m talking about a 19-year old going back to college, not even a little kid!

Today, my man Bill and his lovely wife Carole, will be hosting a party to celebrate the event, where all the Hood gets together and we can relive tales of yore with the Neigbs. (See September 4, 2006, titled: “Dr. Tobias, I Presume?) http://delbloggolo.blogspot.com/search?q=Maria+Zafonte When I pass on, maybe someone will inscribe the story on my tombstone.

There will be good times, general laughter and a keen sense of fellowship as all the brats march off to school. I will take a tour of the Hood this week, and watch them assemble on the corners, waiting for the bus. I remember when #1 and #2 Sons went back. I would take them to the school in my car or a Sunday late afternoon before the start of the school year that week, and sing “School days, school days, dear old golden rule days”, to the pain and agony of the little fellows. Then I would take them for ice cream.

If you have any memories you would like to share, send them to me at:
joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com,
and I will post them this week.

No comments: