Saturday, October 27, 2007

AND THE STRUGGLE CONTINUES

Since retirement, the organization in my life is in continual flux. There is a need for reorganization, and a burgeoning growth of interest that is taking up my life. Perhaps it is really consuming my life and I can’t keep up with it. I am trying very hard to throw out things that I accumulated over the years, things that really are not important, but I make them so, and cling to them.

My studio for instance is slowly being reorganized, but it takes so long I wonder if it is worth it? And my old studio I had in the basement is still in a flux as I use it too, for projects for TLW (The Little Woman) and in which I paint in the winter using oil and turpentine.

On top of everything else, there is now sculpture to develop, and my newest thing, glass painting. Where am I going with this all? It is my retirement, and I am keeping busy, but since my life is more carefree, and my interests need the whole of the house, I am running out of space. I am grateful so far that this blog has been confined strictly to the computer for files and research. I have the work with the agency for retarded and developmentally debilitated who spring from the Suffolk County chapter and the large state parent organization.

Maybe I should go back to work and take it easy again, at least I used to get in a short nap once-in-a-while.

I’ve been trying to organize myself now for over a year and I haven’t been able to do it. Couple this with the fact that in 2008, I will be working with a marketing agency on a consultative basis! All the files I planned on throwing out I may now need once again!

Oh, Lord!

No comments: